Apple and Cinnamon Crunch Cupcakes…Posted: August 13, 2012
These cupcakes, I have adapted myself and they are easily the most moist cakes I have ever made! For some reason adding fruit to the cakes keeps the moist for longer. This a traditional combination of cinnamon and apple they really are tasty!
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes! Here’s how to do it!
1 Batch of Basic Cupcake Recipe Mix (made using my recipe hehe)
2 Green Eating Apples (I used Granny Smith)
Curiously Cinnamon Cereal
You will also need a food bag, a rolling pin or meat cleaver, and a muffin tray with liners!
1. First up you need to make up a batch of my basic cupcake recipe. To do this follow the link in the ingredients list! You also need to preheat your oven to 190C (Gas Mark 5).
2. Once everything is mixed up like in the picture below its time to add your extras! First in is two drops of vanilla extract and second in is 1 and a half tsps of ground cinnamon. Blend this again with a wooden spoon or hand mixer.
3. Next you need to prep your apples. Peel and core them and cut them into small cubes (approx. 1/2 cm cubes). Pour the prepared apple into the cake mixture and mix thoroughly.
4. Spoon the mixture into the cake cases and bake for 20-25 minutes. Next your ready to make the topping.
5. To make the topping place equal quantities of butter and cream cheese in a bowl and mix well until fluffy.
6. Next gradually add icing sugar until you reach your desired consistency and sweetness blending after each addition.
7. Next take a handful of cinnamon cereal,place in a food bag and crush with a rolling pin, book, meat cleaver, whatever you have to hand! Sieve the crushed cereal into the topping and follow with 1 tsp of ground cinnamon and 2 drops of vanilla extract.
8. Refrigerate until the mixture thickens. About 15 minutes.
9. When your cakes have been removed from the oven and have cooled fill a piping bag with the topping and decorate the cakes. Top with whole squares of cinnamon cereal! Delish!