Fusilli with mushrooms, leeks and mascarpone…Posted: July 26, 2012
After being so impressed with Gino D’Acampo’s Arrabbiata recipe I decided to try another recipe from his ‘Gino’s Pasta’ book (available here). This recipe is a delicious, simple creamy pasta with mushrooms and mascarpone. It would be great as a simple supper and with subtle flavours it will satisfy even the fussiest of eaters! Here’s how to do it…
Ingredients (serves 4)
45g Salted Butter
250g Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
2 Leeks, washed and sliced into half centimetre rounds
2 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely crushed
250g Mascarpone Cheese (if you really don’t like mascarpone you could use cream cheese instead!)
3 tbsp Chopped Chives
4 pinches of Cayenne Pepper
500g Dried Fusilli or Penne
60g Freshly Grated Parmesan
Salt and Pepper
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms, leeks and garlic and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables have softened. (see below)
2. Spoon in the mascarpone and continue to cook for a further 1-2 minutes stirring continuously. The mascarpone will soften and melt.
3. Stir in the chives, cayenne pepper and a sprinkle of salt to taste. Remove from the heat.
4. Meanwhile cook the pasta in a separate pan of salted water. Drain and return to the same pan.
5. Pour the sauce into the pan of pasta and stir together for 30 seconds over a medium heat.
6. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle over the parmesan cheese. Decorate with chives. Enjoy!