Lovely Lemon Cupcakes…Posted: July 20, 2012
After seeing photos of these on the internet I realised I had to give them a try! Sometimes its a nice change to have a lighter fruity cupcake rather than a rich chocolate recipe! These ones are delicious and while I can see ways I could improve them next time I think they worked rather well! If you’d like to make them here’s how!
Ingredients – Cakes
One Batch of Basic Cupcake Recipe (available here)
1. Make the basic cupcake sponge as per the recipe.
2. Before baking add to the mixture the zest of two lemons.
3. Once baked remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Once cooled use a toothpick to create a small hole in the top of each cake. Fill a piping bag with lemon curd and using a bismarck nozzle pipe a dollop of lemon curd into the centre of each cake.
Ingredients – Topping
55g Unsalted Butter
115g Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
225g Icing Sugar
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2-3 tsp Lemon Juice
1. Beat the butter until smooth.
2. Add the cream cheese and again beat until smooth.
3. Add the icing sugar followed by the remaining ingredients.
4. Allow the topping to cool and stiffen slightly in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes before filling a piping bag and decorating the cupcakes!