Greek Stewed Apricots…Posted: July 13, 2012
I know everything seems to be Greek themed this week but I’ve been trying to avoid baking all the time! This is an amazingly simple recipe for stewed and spiced apricots that is perfect as a desert or snack. This would work really well as a desert for this weeks Pastitsio recipe! Here’s how to do it.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
6 Apricots (its ok if they’re not fully ripe)
Ground Cinnamon or Cinnamon Stick
Ground Mixed Spice
2tbsp Caster Sugar
2tbsp Honey (plus extra for drizzling)
1. Quarter your apricots, removing the stone and stalk. You don’t need to peel them!
2. Place a small pan on a medium heat and add the water, honey, spices and sugar to the pan and heat until bubbling. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the apricots and simmer for ten minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
4. To serve the dish, place Greek yoghurt in a bowl. Add on top some of the cooled apricots and some of the juice form the pan.
5. Dress with the remaining honey and scatter over the chopped nuts. Enjoy!